Thursday, October 20, 2011

Scorecard for "The X Factor" - Listing of 17 Acts Moving on to Live Broadcasts

If you’re following The X Factor on FOX, this handy scorecard may be for you.  Provided by the network, it’s a rundown of who’s who in the remaining 17.

You’ll note that the number of acts making it to live performances was supposed to be 16, but Simon Cowell decided to reverse himself and bring back a performer he particularly liked and believed had been eliminated unnecessarily.  Her name is Melanie Amaro.  She’s 19 and lives in Florida, though she’s originally from the British Virgin Islands.

The acts have all been assigned mentors, who were handed out according to category: girls, boys, over 30 and groups. 

Mentored by Simon Cowell (girls):

Melanie Amaro, 19 
Hometown: Tortola, British Virgin Islands
Currently Resides: Coral Springs, FL/Sunrise, FL
www.twitter.com/itsmelanieamaro
(@ItsMelanieAmaro)
www.facebook.com/pages/Melanie-Amaro/117865004985741
“It was really big, as well as shocking, because the many years I’ve watched Simon, he has never done something like that. I feel very honored that he came to my home to ask me to come back on the show. The whole process is just mind boggling. It’s so amazing."


Simone Battle, 22
Hometown: Los Angeles, CA
Currently Resides: Los Angeles, CA
www.twitter.com/simonebattle
(@simonebattle)
www.facebook.com/simonebattleonfb
“I am blown away by how much talent there is in the girls’ category. At this point, it’s not about impressing the judges, it’s about impressing the world and everyone who is watching.”

Rachel Crow, 13
Hometown: Longmont, CO/Mead, CO
Currently Resides: Burbank, CA
www.twitter.com/IamRachelCrow
(@IamRachelCrow)
www.facebook.com/pages/Rachel-Crow
"This whole experience has been a dream come true and I can’t believe I made it this far because I went into the competition with no expectations. I can’t believe this is happening to me. I think what I am really trying to work on is finding out who I am as a singer. I am trying to find my style and my edge.”


Drew Ryniewicz, 14
Hometown: Chino Valley, AZ
Currently Resides: Chino Valley, AZ
www.twitter.com/drewryniewicz1
(@drewryniewicz1)
www.facebook.com/pages/Drew-Ryniewicz/251573518221876
“The girls in my category are nothing but amazing, every single one. From the start I have loved them all. We are almost like a big family. I mean, we are competing, but we spend so much time with each other and it is nice to be around so many people you can relate to.”


Tiah Tolliver, 20
Hometown: Chula Vista, CA
Currently Resides: Bremerton, WA
www.twitter.com/TiahTolliver (@TiahTolliver)
www.facebook.com/pages/Tiah-Tolliver/204902059581635
“I am extremely happy to have him [Simon Cowell] as my mentor because he fought for me. I feel like he is going to lead me in the right direction and I sincerely believe him when he tells me stuff.”

Mentored by L.A. Reid (boys):

Astro, 15
Hometown: Brooklyn, NY
Currently Resides: Brooklyn, NY
www.twitter.com/Astronomicalkid (@Astronomicalkid)
www.facebook.com/theastronomicalkid
 “So far THE X FACTOR experience has been amazing and pretty fun. It definitely makes me feel like a star. Coming here and being the only MC in this competition, I believe in myself and that is going to bring me through.”

Marcus Canty, 20
Hometown: Bowie, MD
Currently Resides: Bowie, MD
www.twitter.com/IamMarcusCanty (@iammarcuscanty)
www.facebook.com/officialmarcuscanty
“I think this experience has nurtured me and made me realize that life is too short and to live through the moment. These are once-in-a-lifetime experiences you can’t get back. I am going to keep having fun and bringing who I am.”

Phillip Lomax, 22
Hometown: Seattle, WA
Currently Resides: Seattle, WA
www.twitter.com/@philliplomax (@philliplomax)
www.facebook.com/PhillipLomaxMusic“THE X FACTOR experience has been incredible. The thing that has resonated the most with me is that it is important to find my own voice and to be true within my music. I don’t want to be anyone but me.”

Chris Rene, 28
Hometown: Santa Cruz, CA
Currently Resides: Santa Cruz, CA
www.twitter.com/MrChrisRene (@mrchrisrene)
www.facebook.com/ChrisReneMusic831
“The advice I have been getting is to stay original, stay yourself and do my thing and also go out of the box and do things that are difficult. The way I prepare is to stay in the moment, relax and practice as much as I can. Staying in the here-and-now is what is best for me.”

Mentored by Nicole Scherzinger (over age 30 acts):


LeRoy Bell, 60
Hometown: Tacoma, WA
Currently Resides: Edmonds, WA/Seattle, WA
www.twitter.com/LeRoyBell (@LeRoyBell)
www.facebook.com/LeRoyBellMusic
“The experience has been wild and exciting, at the same time a little bit scary…One of the things I’ve learned is you can teach an old dog new tricks. I can still learn something. The show has taught me that I am more flexible than I thought I was.”

Stacy Francis, 42
Hometown: Brooklyn, NY
Currently Resides: Los Angeles, CA
www.twitter.com/StacyFrancis (@StacyFrancis)
www.facebook.com/officialStacyFrancis
“Being a part of the show so far has been an emotional rollercoaster. Every feeling I could feel, I have felt during this journey…I am happy and so excited. The momentum is just incredible. It’s like I’m a 10-year-old and it’s Christmas and I’m so excited.”

Dexter Haygood, 49
Hometown: Memphis, TN
Currently Resides: Chicago, IL
www.twitter.com/DexterHaygood (@dexterhaygood)
www.facebook.com/officialDexterHaygood
“It is going to be exciting; I’m gonna set the place on fire, but not literally. There is nothing like THE X FACTOR. I have never experienced anything like this.”


Josh Krajcik, 30
Hometown: Wooster, OH
Currently Resides: Columbus, OH
www.twitter.com/theJoshKrajcik (@theJoshKrajcik)
www.facebook.com/joshkrajcikmusic
 “THE X FACTOR experience has been really great. It has been a serious challenge and any time you challenge yourself it is a good thing. The experience on THE X FACTOR has given me a lot of insight into who I am and a lot of things that I didn’t know.”

Mentored by Paula Abdul (groups):

The Brewer Boys
Justin Brewer, 17
- Hometown: Temecula, CA
Nathan Brewer, 14 - Hometown: Temecula, CA
www.twitter.com/theBrewerBoys (@theBrewerBoys)
http://www.facebook.com/thebrewerboysmusic
“We never really thought about going this far. It has been pretty shocking. This has been an incredible experience. I’ve learned a lot about the industry. I love it.”

InTENsity
Nick Dean, 15 - Hometown: Rochester, NY
Francesca Duncan, 17 - Hometown: Orange Co., NY Resides: Brockport, NY
John Lindahl, 15 - Hometown: Travuco Canyon, CA
Emily Michalak, 13 - Hometown: Pine Brook, NJ
Austin Percario, 15 - Hometown: Warren, NJ
Arin Ray, 16 - Hometown: Cincinnati, OH
Lauren Ashley Redmond, 17 - Hometown: Houston, TX Resides: DeSoto, TX
Ellona Santiago, 15 - Hometown: San Lorenzo, CA
Ma’at Bingham Shango, 12 - Hometown: Houston, TX
Emily Wilson, 15 Hometown: Warren, NJ
www.twitter.com/its_inTENsity (@its_inTENsity)
www.facebook.com/itsInTENsity
“Being in a group is amazing. When you are a solo artist, you only have yourself to rely on. But when you are in a group you have however many other people who have your back. So it is better to be in a group of ten, plus it is more fun and we have more people to hang out with and it’s just not as stressful.”

Lakoda Rayne
Cari Fletcher, 17
- Hometown: Wall Township, NJ
Dani Knights, 22
- Hometown: Santa Clarita, CA
Paige Ogle Age: 18 -
Hometown: Baltimore, MD
Hayley Orrantia, 17 - Hometown: Highland Village, TX
www.twitter.com/Lakoda_Rayne (@lakoda_rayne)
www.facebook.com/lakodarayne
“Starting out as four solo artists, it was a shocker that we were going to be in the group category together but it has been an incredible experience. They’ve taken four strong solo artists and made this super group.”

The Stereo Hogzz
Kregg Gibson (aka KG), 25
- Hometown: Houston, TX
Jonathan Glenn (aka Jon Glenn), 25 - Hometown: Houston, TX
George Jenkins III (aka Trae Badd), 25 - Hometown: Houston, TX
Leeland Stephenson (aka Trace Kennedy), 24 - Hometown: Houston, TX
Justin Williams (aka Just’n), 25 - Hometown: Houston, TX
www.twitter.com/theStereoHogzz (@thestereohogzz)
www.facebook.com/thestereohogzz
“This X FACTOR experience has been something that we have been dreaming of for a long time. You can’t ask for more, and they provided this platform for us and we are running with it, taking it all the way.”

1 comment: