The group, called Soap Fans United, was at the recent ABC affiliates meeting and distributed a flyer containing the following information.
The document has some interesting information:
1) ABC has lost 2.5 million ad impressions due to the loss of critical female viewers 18-49 who are no longer watching ABC from 1 to 3 in each weekday afternoon.
2) The loss of ABC daytime ratings is having an effect on local news broadcasts aired by the affiliates.
3) Forbes magazine media analyst Roger Friedman has taken ABC to task for dismantling its daytime lineup, comparing the debacle to "New Coke." He urged ABC to go back to its original formula.
4) Within seven months of canceling ABC, the network surrendered its daytime dominance to CBS.
5) ABC primetime has also suffered due to the lack of lead-in audience from daytime through the evening hours.
Read the full version of the flyer here.
You can also join Fans United Against ABC facebook.com/groups/FUABC/ & Soap Fans United facebook.com/groups/1674785.